Quality stone work depends on proper site preparation, good craftsmanship, and the right materials. Terrazzo & Stone supplies mortar, base material, polymeric sand, paver edging, and other components essential for installing patios and walls that look beautiful over the decades.
BASE MATERIAL AND DRAIN ROCK
“Sand-set” patios and mortar-less “dry-stack” walls requires a compacted base of crushed aggregate that drains well and serves as a stable foundation for the stone. The same is true whether working with natural stone or concrete pavers or wall block.
Our crushed aggregates are 100% stone, with zero concrete or organic content. They drain water well, and include fine particles that compact far better than sand or clean gravel.
- 1/4″ Minus Crushed rock screened to 1/4 inch and less. Ideal as a base for setting pavers or flagstone, it’s also very stable material for non-decorative pathways and parking strips. Contains fines.
- 5/8″ Minus Crushed rock screened to 5/8″ and less. It’s ideal as a first-level base material for setting patios and pathways, and as footing material for stone or concrete garden walls. Can be used as a topping for a gravel driveway or parking strip.
- 1 – 2″ Drain Rock Round, non-decorative, inexpensive pebbles allow water to easily flow toward weep holes and drains.
POLYMERIC JOINT SAND
Polymeric sand is a unique mixture of polymer binders and calibrated sand that sets up as a very firm joint sand between pavers. Durable and flexible, polymeric sand helps prevent weed growth, erosion and ant infestation in the paver joints. Recommended for patios, footpaths, driveways, pool decks.
We stock the following Alliance polymeric sand products:
- Gator Maxx Bond for joints of 1/8″ to 2″
- Gator Dust Bond for joints of 1/2″ to 6″
- Gator Tile Sand for porcelain tile joints up to 1″
- Gator Spacers and Gator Edge Restraints for low-profile porcelain pavers
- Gator Block adhesive for wall block and cap stones
These and other products can be seen at the ALLIANCE WEBSITE
PAVER EDGE RESTRAINTS
Edge restraints effectively contain interlocking brick and paving stone patios and walkways. Made of aluminum or black plastic, they are strong enough for straight lines, yet flexible enough to follow the most intricate curved patterns, with optional installation of pavers on either side of the edging. BrickStop prevents the shifting and movement of pavers that could turn your project into an eyesore. 8′ lengths are installed with 10″ or 12″ spikes, which we also stock.
- B.E.A.S.T. Plastic Paver Edging
- BrickStop Aluminum Edging
- Gator Edge Restraints for low profile porcelain tile