Use the following to help calculate how much material will be needed for a project using bulk landscaping materials, such as crushed gravel, decorative aggregates or pebbles.
- 1 yard of crushed stone weighs about 2800 pounds and covers a 160 SF area to a 2″ depth
- 1 ton covers 120 SF to a 2″ depth
- 100 pounds covers 6 SF at a 2″ depth (or 12 SF at a 1″ depth)
For flagstone patios and walkways:
- 1 ton of 2″ thick flagstone covers about 80-90 square feet
- 1 ton of 1″ thick flagstone (for mortar set) covers 120-180 square feet