Roof decks are a common element of contemporary Seattle architecture, as outdoor living space expands onto flat (low-slope) rooftops. Seattle’s roof decks are some of our most attractive gathering spaces, often providing stunning views of our beloved mountains, lakes and Puget Sound.
Adjustable pedestal supports and modular deck tiles are the innovations that transform a flat rooftop into a home or building’s primary outdoor living space.
Advantages of pedestal-supported decks:
- Many attractive material and design options
- Easy to install and level
- Water and air flow freely beneath
- Easy access for cleaning and maintaining roof
- Protect roof membranes from friction, laceration and UV radiation
- No penetration of roof membrane
- No rot and decay
Beyond rooftops! Pedestal-supported decks can be installed over many other exterior surfaces, including pavement, old concrete, gravel, lawn, and more.
Common Deck Tiles:
- Wood deck tiles, made of Ipe, Cumaru, Mahogany, Garapa or Massaranduba tropical hardwoods. Highly resistant to moisture, rot and warping, these tiles fade to an elegant silver-grey patina when left untreated.
- Porcelain tiles are just 3/4″ thick and come in a wide variety of beautiful designs and colors. The slip resistant and non-porous surface resists staining, weathering and scratching.
- Concrete slabs are inexpensive, durable, and widely used in public spaces and large commercial installations.
Bison Innovative Products leads the industry in high-grade, affordable pedestals. Bison pedestals are highly adjustable, even when loaded with weight. The integrated slope compensation andPed deck image wide base reduce the need for supplemental shimming. Bison pedestals remain stable many years after the original install.
Bison Pedestal Supports
Terrazzo and Stone Supply is the sole Washington State distributor of Bison pedestals and wood deck tiles. We also supply high quality porcelain tiles and hydra-pressed concrete slabs.
Abbotsford Texada Slab Pavers