Roof decks are a common element of contemporary architecture, as outdoor living space expands onto flat (low-slope) rooftops. Seattle’s roof decks are some of our most attractive gathering spaces, often providing stunning views of our beloved mountains, lakes and Puget Sound. Adjustable pedestal supports and modular deck tiles are the key innovative materials that transform a flat rooftop into a functional oasis.
Terrazzo & Stone stocks a wide range of Bison pedestals and accessories. We also supply Bison wood deck tiles, porcelain and concrete deck tiles from Abbotsford, as well as a variety of natural stone options.
- Wood deck tiles are made of Ipe, Cumaru, Mahogany, Garapa or Massaranduba tropical hardwoods. Highly resistant to moisture, rot and warping, these tiles fade to an elegant silver-grey patina when left untreated.
- Porcelain tiles are just 3/4″ thick, very hard, and come in a wide variety of designs and colors. The slip resistant and non-porous surface resists staining, weathering and scratching. Available in five sizes, porcelain tiles allow for more creative layout patterns.
- Concrete paver slabs are durable, less expensive, and widely used in public spaces and large commercial installations.
- Natural Stone pavers, fabricated out of Bluestone, Limestone, Basalt or Granite, make for a highly elegant deck surface.
Click on the following links to visit the pages of our suppliers of wood, porcelain and concrete options.
Wood Tiles – Bison Innovative Products
Aristokrat Porcelain Tiles – Abbotsford
Texada Concrete Slab Pavers – Abbotsford
Terrazzo & Stone Supply is the Washington State distributor of Bison pedestals and wood deck tiles. Bison Innovative Products leads the industry in high-grade, affordable pedestals that are highly adjustable, even when loaded. Integrated slope compensation reduces the need for manual shimming, which makes the Bison pedestal far more stable than alternative paver supports. The link below takes you to the Bison website.
Advantages of pedestal-supported decks:
- Many attractive material and design options
- Easy to install and level
- Water and air flow freely beneath – no impediment to roof drainage
- Easy access for cleaning and maintaining roof
- Protect roof membranes from friction, laceration and UV radiation
- No penetration of roof membrane
- No rot and decay
Pedestal-supported decks can be installed over many other exterior surfaces, including pavement, old concrete, gravel, lawn, and more.